Automobile crashes are the leading cause of death for people from 15 to 20 years old in Oregon. Each year more than 300 Oregon teenagers are involved in fatal or injury crashes. Nationally, over 30,000 Americans die in car crashes each year.
No one wants to be part of those statistics. The ODOT-approved driver education program taught by the Pacific Driver Education driving school helps drivers avoid crashes as they learn a specific set of low-risk driving skills and habits.
This is the same ODOT-approved driver education program that we have been offering for years and the one you want for your student, but the Central Catholic +4 class offers your student MORE. Your student will have 30 hours of classroom instruction, six 2-hour drive lessons with a partner and the drive test waiver. The “+4” means that your student will ALSO receive 4 MORE hours of private drive instruction with a driving professional. These additional driving lessons are scheduled for Friday afternoons and begin and end at Central Catholic HS.
* Behind the Wheel lessons are scheduled separately from classroom.
* All Behind the Wheel lessons will begin and end at CCHS.
* Students will sign up for driving lessons at the parent-student orientation.
* Drive lesson scheduling will be done in the order that completed registrations are received.
* Each driving lesson is two hours, with two students.
* Each student drives for one hour and observes for one hour.